Thursday, March 15, 2012

Episode 4

The black Expedition was pulling over slowly. Fatoya and Sronris looked at each other nervously. Kojak was picking up on their uneasiness. He simply assumed it had been awhile since they had done a traffic stop like this before. Just as he finished his thought he felt something splash on his face. He closed his eyes and turned his head to protect his face, but it wasn't until he felt something warm running down his face that he saw what had caused the splash.

When his eyes refocused, he saw a spider-webbed windshield and both cops with their own custom Easton arrows tipped with a Muzzy penetrating their respective skulls. Kojak was going to throw up Chante's burrito. It reeked of copper and brain fluid. The only thing that saved his stomach was the barely visible movement on top of the Expedition. A gust of wind blew out the broken windshield. A man crouched on the roof of the SUV in nothing but a loin cloth, a Game and Fish badge pinned to his right nipple and armed with a souped up, tricked out Bowtech Destroyer, which he just got in a straight across trade for his Assassin.

Kojack was surprised, to say the least. Who was this weirdo? "I hope he doesn't see me!" Kojak thought. At that moment, the strange character locked eyes with Kojak. It was all over. Kojak went for the door handle but was blocked by the other weirdo that had been in the car since forever. He went for the other door, it was locked. He had completely forgotten that he was in a patrol car and they have to be unlocked from the outside. Kojak cocked his arm back and smashed the window with his elbow. The badged weirdo reacted quickly to the sound of broken glass and he bolted toward the patrol car. Kojak had barely broken the threshold of the door before he was in handcuffs for the second time tonight.

"What do you want, Payaso?" Kojak yelled. The naked man was sitting silently is the front seat of the SUV. Kojak was cuffed to the back seat, behind a cage.
"Are you Done?" Asked the naked man.
"Done? I have been cuffed for an hour now while you get dressed or what ever it was you were doing behind the vehicle where I couldn't see you!" Kojak retorted.
"Listen, I am sorry for being rude. My name is Jesus Baur. I am an agent of an ultra secret department within the Department of Game and Fish. Our primary objective is to mark and trak the movement of sheds in the state of New Mexico. It just so happens that our records make you the holder of the biggest collection of sheds in the state. I was assigned your case some years back and I have been monitoring your success." said Jesus

"So, what does that have to do with you killing those cops and kidnapping me?" Kojak replied.

"Do you remember when you found that 450 point shed in Pecos, a few yards from Chante's pump house that burned down?"

"Yeah, so?!"

"I put it there for you to find. Do you remember who was most jealous of your find?" Jesus said shadily.

"The world famous Quincy Mcgee." Kojak smirked a little.

"Yes. It seems we share a common adversary. That is why I have killed cops. You see, Mcgee and I have held a life long competition when it comes to hunts. This years target hunt is a once in a lifetime opportunity. One tag is available. I have received intel that he has hired a personal trainer, he holds secret workout sessions and that he is so dedicated to winning this hunt that he has canceled his scheduled guided hunts."

Kojak was getting tired. "What does all this crap have to do with me?"

"I am enlisting your help. I want you to find out who his trainer is, what is workouts consist of and anything else you can find out. And in return you will continue to find the biggest sheds in the state." Offered Jesus.

Kojak pondered the adventure. He felt injured because his finds were not really finds but "plants." But he would love to see Quincy squirm when one asks him about a hunt he could not go on. "I'll do it, but I have a few demands. Starting with a jump rope and dip."

"I figured the dip but the jump rope sounds kinda gay." Jesus said as he threw Kojak a fresh can of chew. "I don't have your gay rope, but I got a couple other cans of chew for you back at the lair. Oh, I forgot to tell you that you have twenty four hours to accomplish this mission. Your shed collection depends on it."

Kojak almost swallowed his pinch. "What? Thats to soon!!!"

Jesus had anticipated the reaction and tossed Kojak a cellphone "Listen, call your wife and kids. Tell them your indisposed."

Kojak began to feel sick. He had not eaten in hours and the chew was working on his gut. He grimaced. Jesus had taken notice. "Chante's burritos not satisfying enough? Maybe you should try his chorizo. Its more filling."

"How do you even know about Chante?"
"I know all sorts of stuff. Like your secret obsession with Zumba..."
"Uhhhh, I just like it for the dance moves!"
"Sure." Jesus said

Kojak knew it was pointless. "Fine, let me outta these cuffs so I can start working Quincy." It was too late, he had already said it.
Jesus grinned. "First the jump rope, then the Zumba and now "working" Quincy...are you sure you're not gay?"

"No! I am not gay."
"Ok." Jesus said, still grinning.

Jesus uncuffed him and gave him some surveillance equipment. Kojak looked at the equipment, it was real. "Look, gimme a couple hours to come up with a plan. Let me read the file on him and see what I can do." Kojak asked.

"Fine, you got two, no, three hours to get a plan together. Then I'll start your 24 hour block. No get out of my car, joto!" Jesus jabbed.

Kojak got out of the black Expedition and coughed as Jesus drown him in a cloud of dust. So it began.

No comments:

Post a Comment